(Part of the Big Motoring World Group)
About this policy
Who we are
Bapchild Motoring World (Kent) Limited, who trade as BigWantsYourCar.com, act as the data controller. We are located at Big Motoring World Service Centre, Snodland By Pass, Snodland, Kent ME6 5SL. Hereinafter, we will be referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or “Big Motoring World”. We are contactable on 01634 248 638.
The types of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
• Personal identifiers, contacts and characters (for example name, address, contact details, driving licence, date of birth and utility bills).
• Vehicle identifiers and characteristics (for example the vehicle registration and the vehicle registration for part exchange vehicle you wish for us to purchase from you).
• Transactional information (for example payment details used to make and retrieve payments to and from you).
• Financial information (for example bank account details, salary information, employment details and financial commitments).
• Images (for example audio and video recordings when you call us or visit our place of business.
How do we receive your data?
We receive information that you provide us with:
• When you visit our website or interact with our live chat function and enter personal data.
• When you interact with us through our social media accounts.
• When you telephone or email our customer support centre as part of an enquiry.
• When you buy goods and services from us and provide payment.
• When we telephone you to assist you with a transaction.
• When we telephone you to make arrangements for a delivery or collection.
• When you contact us to make a request for support in relation to a transaction, or to make a complaint or request.
• When you respond to an advertisement or promotional marketing communication.
We share data with third parties:
• When you visit our website for a vehicle valuation and when you submit your appraisal and vehicle images. This information is used for vehicle identification and valuation purposes.
• When you sell your vehicle we may confirm your identity with a digital identity verification process through a partner agency.
• In the event of a transaction for financing our business, a merger or an acquisition of Big Motoring World or of (part of) its assets by a third party.
• In the event of legal claims, legal proceedings or as part of legal, risk, privacy, and data protection or financial audits.
• To perform credit checks or counterparty due diligence within the above-mentioned purposes.
• To parties who act as a processor on our behalf, for instance, our IT, Marketing or cloud service providers.
• To advertising platforms such as Google Ads and Facebook ads for audience profiling, look-a-like audience selection and targeted online communications.
• To invite you to review any services you received from us on a dedicated customer feedback/review website in order to collect your feedback and improve our services.
• We also share data with finance providers: When we request a finance settlement figure for a vehicle that you are selling.
• We share Information with public bodies: When assisting the police or public authorities with enquiries or investigations. If there is a legal obligation for us to do so, for instance, to provide information to tax authorities, other government institutions or third-parties as provided by law.
How do we process this information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
• Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
• We have a contractual obligation
• We have a legal or regulatory obligation
• We have a legitimate interest
Provision of personal data
Where there is a statutory and contractual requirement for you to provide your personal data, any refusal or failure by you to do so may result in us being unable to enter into a contract with you and/or continue the contractual relationship with you.
How we process personal data
We have set out below, a description of how we use your personal data and the legal basis we rely on to do so. For a description of the types of data please see the Section 3: The types of personal information we collect.
- To fulfill your vehicle purchase: We are lawfully permitted to use your personal data for this purpose because: It is necessary to enable us to perform or contractual commitments to you.
- To respond to any query you might have: We are lawfully permitted to use your personal data for this purpose because: It is necessary in our legitimate interests to ensure that we serve our customers properly.
- To provide, manage and respond to any requests you have made to us: We are lawfully permitted to use your personal data for this purpose because: It is necessary in our legitimate interests to ensure that we serve our customers properly.
- To help us identify you when you contact us: We are lawfully permitted to use your personal data for this purpose because: It is necessary in our legitimate interest to ensure that we serve our customers properly and provide you with a personalised service.
- To provide you with the most user- friendly online navigation experience: We are lawfully permitted to use your personal data for this purpose because: It is necessary in our legitimate interest to improve our websites and provide you with the best possible experience when you visit our websites.
- For general administration, reporting, audit and analysis purposes and to manage our relationship with you: We are lawfully permitted to use your personal data for this purpose because: It is necessary in our legitimate interests and to ensure the effective management of our business.
- For market research purposes, satisfaction surveys and to carry our mystery shopping exercises:We are lawfully permitted to use your personal data for this purpose because: It is necessary in our legitimate interest to manage our business effectively and to improve our offering to you. This helps us improve the quality of our products and services we provide.
Personal data will not be kept by us for any longer than is necessary. All personal data will be stored for no longer than required by the EEA privacy legislation and national laws and regulations, such as financial and tax obligations and for prevention of money laundering, sanctions and financing of terrorism laws. In case you order goods from us, we keep your data for as long as reasonably necessary in order to comply with our warranty obligations under the applicable period. In case you have opted in to receive newsletters from us, your personal profile is based on up to 5 years of history preceding the newsletter. The storage period of cookies can be found here. Personal data may also be kept to evidence compliance with contractual and other obligations until the limitation period of the respective rights has expired as well as for the period required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Your personal data rights
Where we have gained consent to send you personalised marketing communications, you can unsubscribe by using any links at the bottom of each communication or by contacting the customer support team via phone on 01634 248638 or by e-mail to email@example.com, providing specific details of the consent that you are withdrawing. You have the right to request to access to your data and to request to rectify or erase it or to restrict its processing. You also have the right to request a machine-readable subset of your data and store it elsewhere. Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you are at all times entitled to withdraw this consent which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn. When your consent is withdrawn, we will update your preferences as soon as reasonably possible, however we cannot guarantee that your consent will be withdrawn immediately. Furthermore, you may object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes, including the creation of profiles for newsletter customisation and advertising. You may also object to any other processing for legitimate interest purposes in connection with your personal circumstances. You can find more information on what your rights involves and applicable restrictions at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en. In addition, you can also give instructions on the data after your death by appointing a person who can exercise the previous rights regarding certain categories of your personal data (including special categories of data, private life, communications data and image) after your death (in the absence of such designation, these rights could be exercised by your heirs) and determine that you do not want the previous rights to be exercised after your death.
Requests to exercise the above rights may be submitted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Privacy officer for Big Motoring World may be contacted through privacy@Bigmotoringworld.co.uk. If you submit a request in relation to your data, please specify the nature of your request and the specific processing your request is about. We also may ask for further information in order to establish your identity. We will endeavour to provide a response to your request within 1 calendar month but this may take longer depending on the complexity of your request. In this circumstance, we will contact you to keep you updated. You may also at all times file a complaint with the data protection authority in the United Kingdom, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office and more details can be found at www.ico.org.uk. If your Supervisory Authority is from an EU country, you can also find contact details for data protection authorities in EU countries at https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
Changes to this policy